Ghost War got a nice update this week. We got a new class, a new gamemode and some extra maps. However we are still waiting on a ranked play, a real game changing gamemode (which Uplink is not). Progress is made but there is still alot to do! On the good side, there is now a penalty for leaving a quick match and cocoa farm is taken out of the rotation.
IF YOU CAN'T SEE DRONES ANYMORE THEN GO TO SETTINGS AND PUT HUD ON DEFAULT.
They released the roadmap showing the plans for the coming months:
You can now buy a Ghost War Season Pass so you get all 6 classes one week in advance and you don't need to spend in-game earned credits on them. You earn credits each time you do "Prestige" at level 50.
Some criticm from the community on the patch notes was countered with an answer by the devs on reddit.com. Here is a link
We’re excited to bring you the first update for Ghost War, featuring a new game mode, new maps, and a new class! The update will be available on November 15 on PC, PlayStation®4, and Xbox One. The size of the patch will vary by platform: it will be 5.5 GB on Steam and up to 12 GB on Uplay and consoles. Please remember that you’ll need to update and restart your platform if you wish to play online.
This update is the first substantial addition to Ghost War and starts a series of other upcoming updates. Here is a bit more visibility on our future plans:
New mode: Uplink
We’d like to introduce you to our new PvP mode, Uplink! Teams of four will stand against each other and try to reach the objective: hack the access point placed centrally on the map before the opposite team does it. Hacking the objective will grant a victory – that is, if you don’t eliminate the enemy team before that, as that is also a valid way to win.
We’re releasing four maps especially dedicated to this mode, giving every team equivalent conditions to run (or sneak) for victory. Just like with the initial Ghost War Elimination mode, we prepared different environments allowing for many different approaches. The maps have been carefully chosen to provide diverse tactic conditions.
New class: Disruptor
Meet the Disruptor, the newest addition to the Ghost War family! Disruptors are powerful additions to every team – their unique abilities allow them to affect the HUD of opponents who come too close to them. If you’ve played Fallen Ghosts, you might know what we’re talking about – the effect of the Disruptors is very similar to what you’d experience from jammers in that expansion. If enemies come too close to Disruptors, their HUD will be scrambled, leaving them to depend on nothing but their eyes.
The Disruptor will be in early access for Season Pass and Ghost War Pass owners. After this week, it will be accessible to every player, once bought in the store or unlocked like any other class.
As we already mentioned above, the Uplink mode will have its own four dedicated maps. Those are:
- Oil Rush
- Sub Factory
We are also releasing two new maps to Elimination mode:
- Cartel Depot
- Farm Town
We hope that you’ll enjoy exploring and planning new tactics on these new maps.
- Fixed an issue where the name and description for the Thermal Vision Perk were incorrect.
- Fixed an issue where the weapon icon was missing in the kill log for P12 (Scout Class), P45T (Artillery Class), and 5.7 USG (Tank) pistols.
- Fixed an issue where the Aim Assist would reset to ON at the beginning of every round.
- Fixed an issue where the aiming and damage UI circle of the Mortar drone was not shown on the surface of the water.
- Fixed an issue where the medic drone mark remained active on the HUD for all other classes with a drone in bag.
- Fixed an issue where the enemy sound marker was not showing on the tacmap when spectating.
- Fixed an issue where the suppression bubble of the first player would shield other players behind him in a line.
- Fixed an issue where the maximum ping distance shown in spectate mode was limited to 148 m.
- Fixed an issue where the player would become invincible as long as the top bar of the game, while set to windowed mode, was clicked and held.
- Fixed an issue where changing the helicopter pitch invert Y-axis on the mouse would also affect pitching up and down from the keyboard.
- Recruit: The drone has been removed from his loadout.
- Tech: Increased HP by 30%.
- Pointman: Increased HP by 10%.
- Sniper: Removed mines and reduced damage; Assault Classes will need two body shots.
- Enforcer: Made it possible to change his weapon’s scope.
- Ranger: Increased stamina by 50% and increased effectiveness of PSG submachine gun.
- Sentinel: Improved interface to make tracking easier.
- Diversionist: Increased drone’s battery.
- Quarry: South spawn point has been moved forward and more cover has been added.
- Dust Town: Streamlined the map layout and removed part of the map that was too easy to defend.
- Coca Farm: This map has been temporarily removed from quickplay rotation. It’s still available in Custom Match.
- Most classes can now choose their handguns from a wider selection.
- Alternate scope attachments have been added.
- Removed the damage reduction from having a suppressor equipped.
- Ability to holster weapons have been removed.
- Leaving ongoing matches will now result in time-out penalties.
- Matchmaking was tweaked so that beginner players have better chances to encounter appropriate opponents.
- Reduced the amount of XP required to reach each level so players will progress quicker. Some issues related to the functionality of the progression UI have also been fixed.
Ghost Recon Network
- New statistics has been introduced to integrate the new features (Uplink mode and Prestive level)
- A new slider on the dashboard page will give a better overview on our news.
You can find a more detailed list of the balancing changes on the forums, along with some explanations.
We hope you’ll enjoy the content and changes that Interference brings! As always, don’t hesitate to share your feedback regarding everything the update has introduced – we’re excited to know what you think! We assure you that we’ll continue to support the game – more updates are coming!