Website updates, issues and suggestions
24 Mar - 11:01
As this website is pretty new there might be some issues here and there, please report them here or send an email to email@example.com.
It shouldn't always be an issue
Meaning that if you have any suggestion on improving the website, feel free to reply here and we'll discuss this openly.
When a 'fix' has been provisioned I will keep you posted right here.
27 Mar - 21:28
Hey 4N4LYZE, one thing I was going to mention is can we update our avatar's on the website? Or do we have to wait till we're full members?
27 Mar - 21:35
Haha yes member feature only! Nono, I am working on this as we speak, should be fixed by tomorrow.
27 Mar - 22:09
Awesome man. Thanks
27 Mar - 23:16
Btw munk: Mouse Pad : Raccat
It is roccat
28 Mar - 09:19
Wow I really can't type!
Sorted now! Thanks Brussie
03 Apr - 09:38
You should remove the "Register" button to the right when you're signed in. On every page on the forum it tells me to register even if im logged in. I can still post and make new threads as usual, its just annoying.
03 Apr - 11:11
03 Apr - 12:02
Possible to make the middle section of the site a bit wider? Posting pics makes it weird....(Noticed in my "Post your gaming stations" thread.
Also, is it possible to upload pics directly from ur computer or does it have to be URL?
03 Apr - 12:02
Also, perhaps a post counter? That would be cool :)
03 Apr - 12:10
@Ohdear, it's not the middle section which is the issue. If you post a picture you'd need to make sure you don't have a fixed width entered. ( Double click your image when editing ) You'd have to empty those width and height boxes.
Uploading images to the website i strictly forbid for thesame reason every host would do, clutter. I do have an upload area currently only for members, if you wish I can grant u access. I will look further into this as it is annoying for the user, but at the same time I don't want people mess around with huge images either on a rather relative small web server space.
A post counter, you mean underneath your name on the forum how many posts you've done?
03 Apr - 16:28
Yeah to show how guru you are on the forum.
04 Apr - 06:19
I Tried changing the size of the pic but it didnt do anything.
04 Apr - 06:28
it look better than yesterday afternoon
04 Apr - 12:56
Brussie currently has the bragging rights at 72 posts
04 Apr - 13:03
04 Apr - 14:16
@Brussie, no spamming!
Website update status
- Opening a topic from anywhere will open the last page
- Images added through the input field will be shown in a responsive way and are now clickable.
- Total posts are now shown underneath a profile on the forum.
- Register button is hidden when logged in.
- Web hosting donations are now in 1/3th of the funding target.
Thanks for the feedback guys!
06 Apr - 09:05
- Add a scrollbar for the shoutbox
- Remove the section info from the activity feed. I have found myself clicking on the wrong thing multiple times and there isn't really any need for it
- Add donator perks such as: Diffrent color, a badge, etc
- Forum signatures
- Dark theme/Night theme - Mucho importanto. As much as I like the white coloring its painful to the eyes when its dark outside.
- Add chatbox in every page regardless where you are. There is a huge void on the right side. You can remove the "Public, for everybody to see" and put the shoutbox there instead.
- Auto update the activity feed and the shoutbox whenever someone posts something
- Put page numbers above the first post, under the Thread headline so you dont have to scroll all the way to the bottom everytime you want to swap page. Its more convinient. (So you have the page buttons above and below the "thread")
- Make the "Edit post" bar more discrete. No need to be super visible :)
- Add so you can see who is online on the website.
- When replying to a thread with multiple pages you always get redirected to the first page, first post. Its quite annoying. Make it so you get redirected to your own new post.
06 Apr - 09:47
More to the list:
- Able to quote people
- For the future it will be nice to have a button to see "Unread replies". Basically a sum view of people who have mentioned you, quoted you or replied on your thread.
- Sticky threads.
06 Apr - 10:09
Thanks for the suggestions Ohdear! We've got quite a few of those on our list already and some of it is already in progress. @Brussie will add the shoutbox to the page ( he has to do smth you know ).
A Dark Theme though is quite difficult to achieve though, but we'll see in the future.
06 Apr - 10:15
For some reason i cant upload a avatar.
here is the error i get. I tried uploading various formats and sizes but i got the same error all the time.
06 Apr - 10:56
alright i'll try again
06 Apr - 10:57
Ohgod it works
06 Apr - 10:57
06 Apr - 12:01
About the Dark theme Analyze, Couldn't you just have a switch in the settings tab that changes the color scheme? Having it dark gray instead of white etc
06 Apr - 12:34
Haha yeah but it's not only about adding a switch
06 Apr - 16:32
Come on 4N4LYZE, I thought you were better at website design than R6??
06 Apr - 16:49
I can do pretty much everything, it's time that is limiting me
07 Apr - 13:53
- Add scrollbar to shout box + limit increased to 20
- Reformat of the activity section
- Forum signatures ( go to your profile settings )
- Page numbers also on top of page within a topic
- Edit post slightly changed, room for other options
- Replying to a thread sends you to the last page
Coming updates ( Near future ):
- forum ranks ( regarding post amount ), dev done just test and upload
- auto-update shout box
- like a forum post
- see who’s online
- sticky/lock topics
- What did I miss forum
07 Apr - 15:05
07 Apr - 16:24
4N4LYZE man I was just messing about when I said I thought you were better at this than R6!!
Thanks for taking time out your day man
10 Apr - 15:44
Very nice Analyze! :D I'm glad most of the stuff I suggest actually gets implemented. Unless they were planned before I even mentioned them ofc ;)
Keep up the good work. I'll try to figure out more stuff that would be nice to have or any possible bugs.
10 Apr - 15:45
Speaking of bugs: As soon as you make a reply the "New posts" blue box in the right corner appears for half a second. Perhaps you should delay the animation or something so it doesn't appear before the site refreshes?
10 Apr - 16:45
About the 'flash message', I'm still thinking about a solution here, as its my goal to actually show information about the post / shoutbox post created within the notification, and on click redirect you. So anyway that'll need a rewrite.
Ofcourse things that are mentioned here are implemented, I'm not Ubisoft
11 Apr - 06:47
I can't resize my image. It makes it smaller in the "simulation" but in reality it always stays the same. Now to me it doesnt matter much but I dont think ya'll want to see my forum sig in such large format xD
11 Apr - 08:30
You'll have to make it rectangled not squared :) I can take a look this evening and turn off the stretching.
11 Apr - 08:33
I did try to make it a rectangle (Without the lock thing). In the preview it works but in the forum its unchanged.
11 Apr - 09:38
I programmed it so atm it overrules those presets, as your image is square, it'll be square.
Edit: You could either shrink your original image size, or make it rectangular ( The original image, not the image size when the dialog opens )
PS: Your image is disturbing to look at
11 Apr - 18:25
Ok I think I fixed it. This will do.
PS: thank you, thats what I'm going for <3
11 Apr - 18:53
^^ What the actual f*@$ !!!!
11 Apr - 19:09
Thanks to Ohdear, this just got an 18+ website. I've set a maximum height too all signature images.
11 Apr - 21:15
Are you kidding or not? I can't tell really xD
13 Apr - 00:33
Would anyone be interested in having a videos section on the webpage, where each would share their youtube collection of siege games. Or does anyone create videos that I not know of?
13 Apr - 09:45
Yeah I think that could be good. I would make some vids and I get some stuff up. Just waiting for Dxtory and the codec that use to be whitelisted by Battleye.
29 Apr - 15:14
- Added ranks to the forum, these are associated with specific amount of posts etc. @Brussie will create these ranks and mention the post targets when he's done
- Calendar added
- Member page changed
- Auto-link when paste in the reply area
29 Apr - 18:06
29 Apr - 15:14 Added ranks to the forum, these are associated with specific amount of posts etc. @Brussie will create these ranks and mention the post targets when he's done Calendar added Member page changed
You can now quote stuff
30 Apr - 00:11
Great updates to the site 4N4LYZE. One thing, I was trying to update my profile pic, (to a file that was under 2Mb) and I keep getting the "error 500" code. Thought I'd let you know mate.
Great updates though
30 Apr - 00:18
@Drunk, sorry my bad! Fixed it :)
30 Apr - 00:22
EDIT - WOW you have as well. Sorry mate I didn't mean to make you think you had to do it right away. If only you worked for my ISP!!!
30 Apr - 00:31
Hahaha ! That'@ a whole different area of expertise. But who knows maybe one day..
17 May - 16:13
Can't remember if it's already been suggested in this thread, (it's quite long so don't want to go through it all again), but a nice feature to add to the website would be the ability to send PM's to each other or all members on the website.
17 May - 20:45
This would be a great feature indeed an no this hasn't been mentioned yet I'm kind'off thinking about it so it's use doesn't get destroyed because of smth like whatsapp. Maybe a popup notification when you enter the webpage or emails beeing sent to the user when they have a new message. Any suggestion drunk that would make this feature a bit more interactive?
18 May - 10:37
I do think that in today's world, PM is outdated compared to what's app. Look at how much you use mail compared to 5 years ago.
19 May - 17:46
Oh I agree there are better forms of communication today, which is alot more instant, like What'sApp. But for example, Seph is not on What'sApp, (as far as I know), so you don't always get a message out to everyone if you need it. As the website is supposed to be the clans focal point, thought that an ability to communicate with the whole community on the site would be a good idea.
Upto you guys of course, but if you did decide to go for it then the kinda features I think would be cool would be:
- Small pop up window in the bottom right of the site where you can type a PM to an individual or the whole clan
- Email notification to those receiving a PM to say they have a message waiting
- Maybe an automatic PM to those who become members with some basic info about the clan, like the link to the What'sApp group, Steam group, etc
Just a thought lads
20 May - 08:46
When you post on the forum or shoutbox, seph will read it.
20 May - 10:49
I'm sure he does. Like I said, just an idea
20 May - 14:29
@Brussie not every idea should be broken off as this topic is deffo not about that, not because we don't see the point of it nobody does. @Drunk, we'll talk about it next meeting and see what everyone else thinks ?
21 May - 18:29
I'm definitely yellow and green, and a little bit red when I'm driving
04 Jul - 02:04
Added option to add a comment to a blogpost when logged in. Posts will be moderated by me or Brussie to avoid spam.
04 Jul - 09:05
Nice work sir!
04 Aug - 13:56
Birthdays can now be added to the calendar, you can edit your birthday in the profile settings.
04 Aug - 14:15
Awesome. And done
61 posts04 Aug - 14:16
Sweeeeet :D party time!
04 Aug - 14:24
18 Aug - 02:13
In your profile settings you have a new area: Email notifications. For now only when a forum topic is created but many more options will come. As for now it's a simple email which let's you know of a new topic, who created it and what's in it. Basic email, no design yet either.
18 Aug - 03:24
18 Aug - 02:13 In your profile settings you have a new area: Email notifications. For now only when a forum topic is created but many more options will come. As for now it's a simple email which let's you know of a new topic, who created it and what's in it. Basic email, no design yet either.
03 Nov - 22:28
Because of the amount of spammers because of the increased traffic on the website I integrated a re-captcha in the signup forms. At this moment accounts are verified manually but we will see if we still get many spam accounts with this additional fix. If it's solved with Google's recaptcha integration I can turn on automatic verification again.
07 Nov - 09:58
I've added it to the roadmap. Good idea